AMD Radeon Pro W5500 Workstation Graphics Now on Market
New features include AMD RDNA architecture, 7nm process technology and advanced software features.
February 11, 2020
AMD has released the AMD Radeon Pro W5500 workstation graphics card. AMD also announced the AMD Radeon Pro W5500M GPU, designed and optimized to power next-generation, high-performance professional mobile workstations, the company reports.
AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics harness the high-performance, power-efficient AMD RDNA architecture, 7nm process technology, high-speed GDDR6 memory, high-bandwidth PCI Express 4.0 support and advanced software features. In addition, the AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics card delivers multitasking performance, such as allowing professionals to continue developing their designs while rendering a visualization in the background, the company says.
“The AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics card delivers exceptional power efficiency and leadership performance for 2D and 3D design applications, enabling them to better visualize and interact with their designs in real time, explore new immersive workflows like virtual reality and maximize productivity,” says Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD.
- The AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics card and the Radeon Pro W5500M GPU transform how project teams collaborate by enabling immersive, real-time visualizations of design concepts to make quick and better informed decisions, the company says.
- Key capabilities and features include:
- High-performance AMD RDNA architecture—Features a redesigned geometry engine and compute units, delivering up to 25% higher performance-per-clock than the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- Multitasking performance—The AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics card delivers multitasking performance even in demanding situations.
- Real-world power efficiency—The combination of the power efficient AMD RDNA architecture and Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise’s intelligent power management technology enable the AMD Radeon Pro W5500 graphics card to precisely scale to meet the power demands of professional applications.
- Professional-grade software—Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise offers performance improvements in each release and is optimized for 24/7 computing environments, with extensive OEM platform and ISV certification testing to deliver the quality professionals demand.
- AMD remote workstation—Allows professionals to access their physical workstations from virtually anywhere with rich graphics experiences using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops or Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More AMD Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.Follow DE