Creaform Releases VXelements 9.0
Creaform optimized its fully integrated 3D software platform that powers the entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies.
July 16, 2021
Creaform, a company focused on automated and portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, has released the latest version of its VXelements platform. Several new features as well as existing features enhancements were developed to provide improvements. Whether in VXscan, VXinspect, VXmodel or VXscan-R, experts and beginners alike will discover new and improved tools.
To improve VXelements and the synergy between the software and hardware, each VX module was upgraded. Here are some benefits of this latest version:
- New—VXelements viewer: Used for data sharing, this free version of the platform will enable customers or colleagues outside the team to visualize the data firsthand, making collaborative projects simpler and faster.
- Smart resolution: Available for the latest generation of Creaform 3D scanners, this new feature allows users to generate scans from multiple resolution levels to better reproduce details, edges and high curvatures. Higher levels of resolution can be automatically created in several ways: by software intelligence; by being triggered from the scanner; and by being generated from a selection on the mesh or from a template.
- VXmodel: With the addition of the Flatten mesh, the Extrude boundaries and the Extend boundaries features, this module will enable users to carry out post-treatment operations on 3D scan data simply and effortlessly.
- VXinspect: Quick inspection tools—such as One-click entity creation, new construction methods for geometrical entities, and new reporting capabilities – are just a few of the improvements that will add simplicity and flexibility to the 3D inspection software.
- VXscan-R: A new and improved Surface feature combined with the Smart resolution feature will make it easier for users to generate robot trajectories and get the most out of their automated quality control solutions.
“Through our close partnerships with leaders of all industries, customer feedback, and our constant desire to innovate, we have developed features that will change companies’ workflows overnight,” explains Daniel Brown, product management director at Creaform.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Creaform Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.