IMSI Design Unveils TurboCAD 2022
The TurboCAD 2022 release is highlighted by the inclusion of a new Physical-Based Rendering (PBR) engine, TurboLux, included in all of the 2D/3D versions of the product line.
April 25, 2022
IMSI Design, a CAD software developer, reveals its TurboCAD 2022 line, including Platinum, Professional, Deluxe and Designer versions for Windows desktop PCs.
The TurboCAD 2022 release is highlighted by the inclusion of a new Physical-Based Rendering (PBR) engine, TurboLux, included in all of the 2D/3D versions of the product line. It includes over 20 new and improved features.
“The release of TurboCAD 2022 has a strong focus on Visualization, 3D Modeling and Architectural enhancements, as well as integration with our new in-app Content Server that contains 100,000’s of parts to speed-up design,” says Bob Mayer, president of IMSI Design.
Key New and Improved Features
Usability & Interface
- New Search option in Drawing and Program Setup—when launching TurboCAD, the new start-up screen displays recently created files and the ability to open/create new files via its Create tab.
- Selector, new Keep Size Option—A new option “Keep size” has been added to the 2D and 3D Selector’s Local Menu. This option is intended to scale the distances between the selected objects.
- New Content Server and Palette—The TurboCAD Content Server (TCS) is an online repository of CAD content.
2D Drafting and Editing
- Smart Dimension Tool Enhancement—It is now fully associative between Model and Paper spaces.
- Ability to interrupt wireframe GDI draw—Previously, without this ability to interrupt, the user would have to wait finish a GDI draw after each action. A Progress Indicator has also been added.
3D Drawing, Modeling, and Editing
- Associative Intersection—If this option is enabled, the intersection curves created get associated with the 3D objects.
- Surface on Face—A new local menu option “Offset” has been added to the Surface on Face tool. This defines the offset of the surface from the object.
- Associative Sections—Two new local menu options “2D section by closed polyline” and “Associative Section” were added to the Section tool.
Photorealistic Rendering and Visualization
- TurboLux Physical-Based Render—PBR models light and materials based on the laws of physics, accurately simulating the flow of light, resulting in images of photographic quality.
- Visualize – The Visualize renderer and drawing engine has further enhanced, with support of a Dynamic Cut Plane tool, extended Camera parameters, including Edge and Face mode/color related settings, and the addition of Visual Styles to Named Views
For a more complete listing and descriptions of all of the new and improved features in TurboCAD 2022, visit www.TurboCAD.com.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Platinum 2022 is now available for $1,499.99 USD for a full, permanent license, ($499.99/year for an annual subscription), TurboCAD Professional for $999.99 ($399.99/year for an annual subscription), TurboCAD Deluxe for $249.99, and TurboCAD Designer for $69.99.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.