Cluster Computing News
Cluster Computing Resources
May 19, 2017
Bright Computing has released Bright Cluster Manager and Bright OpenStack 8.0 software.
Some key features and enhancements in the 8.0 release include:
- A new web-based graphical user interface (GUI) that operates on any web-based device (tablet, etc.), allowing administrators to login anywhere, anytime to manage their cluster environment.
- A completely revised subsystem that provides more metric collectors and flexibility for the user.
- In addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) support, Bright now offers integration with Microsoft Azure that allows users to create virtual clusters in Azure, and the ability to extend an on-premises cluster into Azure.
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in addition to the already supported RHEL and CentOS.
- Support for OpenStack Newton with improved logging of OpenStack events, performance improvements, and Ironic support for bare metal deployments.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.
Editor’s Pick: Real-time quality assurance for advanced metal additive printing
The new module is Data Analyzer, software for quality assurance and data...
Editor’s Pick: Static-dissipating composite material for electronics additive manufacturing
The material can be reinforced with continuous carbon fiber, creating strong and...
Editor’s Pick: UL Certification for Emissions-free 3D Printing
RIZE calls GREENGUARD Certification “a key safety and sustainability milestone” for the ...
Editor’s Pick: Debuting filament-based stainless steel for additive manufacturing
Forward AM/BASF Ultrafuse 17-4PH is a filament comprising metal powder...