Cluster Computing News
Cluster Computing Resources
May 19, 2017
Bright Computing has released Bright Cluster Manager and Bright OpenStack 8.0 software.
Some key features and enhancements in the 8.0 release include:
- A new web-based graphical user interface (GUI) that operates on any web-based device (tablet, etc.), allowing administrators to login anywhere, anytime to manage their cluster environment.
- A completely revised subsystem that provides more metric collectors and flexibility for the user.
- In addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) support, Bright now offers integration with Microsoft Azure that allows users to create virtual clusters in Azure, and the ability to extend an on-premises cluster into Azure.
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in addition to the already supported RHEL and CentOS.
- Support for OpenStack Newton with improved logging of OpenStack events, performance improvements, and Ironic support for bare metal deployments.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.
Editor’s Pick: Automate New Design Space Workflows
nTop Platform 2.0 designed to help engineers design high-performance parts faster.
Editor’s Pick: Removing Bottlenecks From Sharing Simulation Results
VCollab merges information from multiple CAE and CAD sources into a single ...
Editor’s Pick: 500,000 Colors Produced From One 3D Printer
Stratasys J850 3D printer and the new materials released with it advance...
Editor’s Pick: A Fresh Take on Industrial Design Software
Altair Inspire Studio is part of Altair’s Inspire Platform, a set...