AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series Workstation Graphics Cards Deliver Advanced Technologies
The new graphics cards are designed to tackle mainstream workloads across a range of professional industries, company reports.
August 4, 2023
AMD announces two new additions to the AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series product line: the AMD Radeon PRO W7600 and AMD Radeon PRO W7500 workstation graphics cards. The new graphics cards are designed to tackle mainstream workloads across a range of professional industries, including design & manufacturing, and architecture, engineering & construction.
AMD Radeon PRO W7600 and Radeon PRO W7500 graphics cards accelerate everyday workflows by focusing on efficiency and increasing performance. The new graphics cards leverage the breakthrough AMD RDNA 3 architecture and are optimized to deliver leadership price/performance, and stability and reliability. Both cards feature 8GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory to support data-intensive tasks and enable ray-traced renderings with detail and realism, the company reports.
Building upon the previously launched AMD Radeon PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon PRO W7800 graphics cards, creators and professional users now have a broader selection of AMD Radeon PRO workstation graphics offerings to support a range of professional workloads.
“Our goal is to offer more choice for professional users, and these graphics cards do exactly that—built to address the largest market segment focusing on mainstream workloads,” says Scott Herkelman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “AMD Radeon PRO W7600 and Radeon PRO W7500 graphics cards provide exceptional performance for a variety of professional applications, including CAD, BIM and more, while offering incredible levels of visual fidelity and setting a new performance standard for mid-range professional graphics.”
AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series workstation graphics card key features include:
- AMD RDNA 3 Architecture – Features redesigned compute units with unified raytracing and AI accelerators, second-generation AMD Infinity Cache technology and second-generation raytracing technology.
- Dedicated AI Acceleration – New AI instructions and increased AI throughput deliver more performance on average than previous AMD RDNA 2 architecture3.
- 8GB GDDR6 Memory – Allows professionals and creators to handle data-intensive tasks and enable ray-traced renderings with detail and realism.
- AMD Radiance Display Engine with DisplayPort 2.1 – With 12-bit HDR color support and over 68 billion colors, display outputs support next-generation displays and multi-monitor configuration options, creating an immersive visual environment.
- AV1 Encode/Decode – Dual encode/decode media engines unlock new multimedia experiences with full AV1 encode/decode support designed for high resolutions, wide color gamut, and high-dynamic range enhancements.
- Optimized Driver Performance and Professional Application Certification – All AMD Radeon PRO workstation graphics are supported by AMD Software: PRO Edition, which provides a modern and intuitive user interface. AMD continues to work with leading professional software application vendors on a comprehensive certification program, and to ensure AMD Radeon PRO graphics cards are built for demanding 24/7 environments.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.