Arkema Unveils Sustainable Material Solutions at Formnext
At the Formnext exhibition, Arkema planned to introduce two new high-performance custom formulations to extend its range for UV-curing, and much more.
November 15, 2022
Arkema offers an integrated line of performance liquid materials for UV-curable 3D printing, through N3xtDimension custom formulations for customer-specific product development, N3xtDimension engineered resins, and Sartomer specialty resins and additives to fine-tune end formulations.
At the Formnext exhibition, Arkema planned to introduce two new high-performance custom formulations to extend its range for UV-curing:
- N3D-HITEMP062: hybrid high temperature material with toughness
- N3D-CAST063: high-resolution material, enabling matte finish so that details can be seen and a melting behavior during burnout for high quality castings
Within its engineered resins portfolio, Arkema will also introduce an elastomeric material with a balance between elongation at break of 170% and tear strength of 33 kN/m, according to the company.
Powder Bed Fusion
At Formnext, Arkema will display new solutions for powder bed fusion technologies, led by flagship brands such as Rilsan bio-based polyamide and Kepstan PEKK high-performance thermoplastic.
Resulting from continuing collaboration, Arkema and EOS announce the future release of a new carbon neutral PA1101.
Arkema and EOS will launch a new Kepstan PEKK powder for the EOS P 810 system, delivering ductility, electrical insulation and higher recyclability, to fulfill the needs of high temperature applications in oil & gas and electrical & electronic markets.
With a dedicated range of advanced polymers for filament extrusion printing technologies, Arkema announces the release of Kimya Kepstan PEKK-SC 3D filament on Stratasys Validated Material Ecosystem, developed with partners Stratasys and Kimya.
New Partnerships and Co-Innovations
- There is a launch of two original, fully formulated materials, co-developed by Arkema and Continuous Composites, based on N3xtDimension solutions and for exclusive use with Continuous Composites CF3D Enterprise system. PolyMatTM High Tg product is for printing of continuous carbon and glass fibers to produce lightweight, high temperature performance structures. CeraMat Carbon/Carbon resin is for the creation of Carbon Bonded Carbon precursor parts for ultra-high temperature applications
- Arkema’s partnership with BCN3D to develop resins specific to their VLMTM 3D printing system for use in the transportation, consumer, industrial and sporting goods markets
- HP offers interested customers the Virtucycle program, Arkema's recycling solution of 3D used powders and printed parts. The Virtucycle program offers support to Arkema’s polymers customers and downstream users: Eco-design expertise, recyclability and recycling guarantee and recycled high-performance polymers.
- On-demand manufacturing software provider 3YOURMIND and Arkema have announced ‘Easy 3D’—an online digital platform connecting Arkema customers to suppliers offering Arkema materials. By adopting this platform, engineers gain access to Arkema’s material recommendations, which helps support decision-making and part application development for on-demand manufacturing.
- Arkema joined the material partner network of Replique. The additive manufacturing company Replique is empowering manufacturers to shift from a physical to a digital inventory and providing worldwide spare parts on-demand.
Visit Arkema at Formnext at Hall 12.1, Booth #C129.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Arkema Coverage
More EOS Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.