ASSESS Congress 2023 to Drive Engineering Simulation Into the Future
The 8th ASSESS Annual Congress in Atlanta to invite attendees to help shape the future of engineering simulation.
January 24, 2023
The ASSESS Congress 2023, to take place in Atlanta, GA, March 26-28, 2023, will invite every attendee to help guide and influence the future of engineering simulation, organizers report. Organized by NAFEMS, the Congress is offering discounted early-bird registration until January 31 for all attendees.
Unlike traditional conferences, the ASSESS Congress 2023 will give attendees an open forum to share and develop new ideas that facilitate a more encompassing use of simulation by all. Welcoming top-level representatives from industry, government and academia, the Congress will be driven by theme-led workshops and discussion sessions, ensuring that the attendees are at the heart of the event, organizers note.
Keynote presentations are confirmed as follows:
- Effective Based Design: An Air Force Perspective—Dr. Raymond Kolonay, Director—Multidisciplinary Science and Technology Center AFRL/RQVC, US Air Force
- Accelerating Innovation with Generative Design and Lattice Structures tools—Dr. Andreas Vlahinos—Advanced Engineering Solutions
Discussion sessions and workshops will form the backbone of the Congress, which will be complemented by a series of “Notes from the Front” presentations, including:
- A Vision for Computational Engineering—Richard Arthur, GE Research
- Making the Business Case for Simulation—Mark Meili, Modeling Enabled Innovation, Leadership, & Insight
- Accelerating Innovation with Generative Design and Lattice Structures tools—Gene Allen, Decision Incite
- Unstructured Mesh Technologies to Meet the Fusion Energy Industry’s Multiphysics Simulation Needs—Dr Mark Shephard
- How to move from simulation to reduce physical testing to simulation to replace physical testing? Gavin Streather, GKN Automotive
- Implementation of UMC4ES efforts at ASDL —Dr Olivia Pinon-Fischer, Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory (ASDL)’s Digital Engineering Division
Further presentations will come from Dr. Alexander Karl from Rolls Royce, Consultant Roger Keene and Jillian Steffek from Oshkosh. Joe Walsh, co-founder of the ASSESS Initiative, will also provide an update on the Unified Model Characteristics for Engineering Simulation (UMC4ES) efforts.
The ASSESS Congress 2023 is supported by CIQ, Ansys and Coreform as Platinum Sponsors, with BETA CAE, Cadence, Digital Engineering, ZWSoft, Siemens and Dassault Systèmes as Gold Sponsors. Registration is limited to just over 100 participants to ensure that the Congress is highly interactive, with a focus on producing results from each working session, according to ASSESS organizers.
Register your place at nafems.org/assess23 and enjoy early bird rates until January 31.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.