August 8, 2022
Parasolid v34.1 from Siemens Digital Industries Software delivers enhancements across a range of classic, convergent and lattice modeling functionality to address the needs of the customer community. These include:
Support for lattice modeling is being extended significantly with each release to facilitate more workflows:
- Rods of different radius are now permitted in the same model
- When combining lattices, several options are provided to keep or delete coincident rods
- When combining lattices, an option is provided to snap near-coincident balls together, within a specified tolerance
- Facet meshes creation from self-intersecting lattice bodies is improved to handle the resulting disjoint meshes
Classic modeling enhancements are delivered including:
- In mid-surfacing operations, neutral sheets can now be created from faces in two sheet bodies, removing the restriction that faces must be from a single solid
- When offsetting an edge to fill a gap with an adjacent model, creation of a natural curve extension can now be specified, to avoid creating non-smooth offset edges
Modeling with Mixed Models
A small number of complex, classic operations continue to be enhanced to operate on mixed geometry, In this release enhancements include:
- Local hollowing, hollowing a portion of a model, can now be performed where the portion of the model contains both B-rep and mesh faces
- Wounds created in a model by deleting one or more faces, can now be healed by growing and shrinking both mesh and classic neighboring faces
- Mesh faces can now be used in Boolean operations to match topology
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Siemens Digital Industries Software Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.